So, you’ve installed NextCellent and want to use it. How do you do that? Follow these 3 steps and you’ll be a pro in no time!
1. Adding a gallery
Images in NextCellent are organized in galleries: they contain a number of images. Follow these steps to add a gallery:
- Go to Add Gallery / Images
- You should be on the Gallery tab
- Enter the name for your gallery
- Press Add Gallery
You can always come back later to add more galleries.
2. Adding images
The next step is adding the images to your freshly-made gallery:
- Press the Images tab. Note that you can also upload a zip file containing images, or import an existing folder with images from the server.
- Select in which gallery you want to add your images.
- Select your images.
- Press Upload images.
- Sit back and wait until the images are uploaded and the thumbnails are created (both can take some time, depending on your internet speed and the images).
3. Displaying the gallery
Now that you’ve added the images to your gallery, it’s time to display the gallery. NextCellent can display galleries on posts and pages. Follow these steps to add a post with images:
- Go to the post you want to add images to.
- Select the NextCellent button.
- You now see a large pop up screen with various options. To simply show the images, just select the gallery you want to show.
- Press Insert.
NextCellent is a lot more than just this of course. You can customize the way NextCellent displays the galleries, display them in various ways such as slideshows, imagebrowsers, …
We suggest you poke around a bit, experiment with the options a bit. If still need help, the wiki is a great place to start:
- Startpage of the wiki – an overview. Go here to see more details about various functions.
- The FAQ page – some common questions and their answers.
If you still need help, drop by on the Support Forum.