StatComm 1.6.40 is out

According to the schedule, StatComm 1.6.40 is evolving toward more stabilized code.

  • Few deprecated functions deleted/resolved/updated/optimized
  • Around 50 warnings resolved. The plugin should work without errors even setting debug=true
  • Many minor glitches solved.
  • New Setting API class override older code. This would allow a easier improvement and follow WP developing recommendations.
  • Setting capabilities simplified: You can choose from Super Admin, Administrator, Editor, Author,Contributor & Suscriber.
  • Improved Last Search Terms view, more information and links corrected.
  • Fix: bad delimiter in regex expression solved.
  • Last version was 1.6.31, and since 31 > 4 we had to make the 1.6.40 instead 1.6.4 for numbering order.

In parallel, we are developing an improved service to update the user agent database. If everything goes right, that should be ready in 1.6.50 version , that is within a week.

Stay tuned, enjoy the day. 

6 Comments


  • I installed StatComm first at 1.6.3, and then upgraded to 1.6.31, and now to 1.6.40. My installation doesn't seem to recognize bots. I know that was supposedly being worked on, but it doesn't seem to have corrected itself. Can I run some backend script to populate the data, or what can I do? Thanks.

    • admin
      Reply Cancel Reply
    • April 16, 2012

    Thanks for your comments. We think the plugin is saving the bots data but is not displaying it. We are currently seeing what's going on and we expect give you an answer shortly.

  • HI again =/ also, sry my problem is not changed :( (no display the Icons) this looks like by me "Last hits" without the previews Information as image http://www10.pic-upload.de/17.04.12/folfhckuvtgk.jpg best greats

    • admin
      Reply Cancel Reply
    • April 17, 2012

    Thanks for your comments and also the image. Very strange indeed. The image suggest the problem is about the class detection, since no icons and also no text at all. We are researching the problem with your new info and we'll back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!

  • A few hours later, I noticed that it had started marking some visits as spiders. I looked through the table and a few update's later, I got most of the spider visits tagged as such. Example: "update `stat-table` set browser='', spider='Googlebot' where browser = 'Googlebot';" I will check in a few days to see if it's still marking them properly.

    • admin
      Reply Cancel Reply
    • April 17, 2012

    Good point! We are currently inspecting the queries, since the user agent parser could help a lot filling the gaps. We are collecting other request to release a patch within a couple of days. Thanks for your comments.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

*